SAHBA is committed to keeping you informed! The SAHBA has its own government affairs committee. We also meet quarterly with local building department officials, including the City of Springfield, Sangamon County, and Chatham. Communication with Williamsville, Sherman and Rochester is maintained on a regular basis as well.
HBAI/NAHB have lobbyists on staff that regularly meet with our local and federal legislatures that lobby laws that affect the building industry.
Below you will find a number of resources regarding laws and regulations you need to be aware of...
*All NHAB pages Link to 404 pages*
- Grand Bargain Bill Info
- Oppose SB09
- Printer-Friendly 2016 ICC Voting Guide
- Your Building Codes Floor Motion Voting Guide
- House Passes Water Bill That Helps Environment and Landowners
- NAHB Testifies Before House and Senate in Support of Cost-Effective Energy Legislation
- Help for Remodelers, Consumers from House Lead Paint Bill
- The Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992